As markets become more and more unsettled, clients are increasingly focusing on returns. If their portfolios are down, they question how much they are paying in fees. The challenge to bankers in these uncertain and unpredictable times: effectively managing expectations.
When will the market correct? By how much and for how long? When will it turn around and go higher and by how much? What should be done now?
As we move through whatever the markets deliver in the next couple of years, it will be critical to have the right skill sets and employ the right strategies. This webinar will provide bankers with valuable insights and practical solutions to successfully retain and grow AUM in the coming years.
REGISTER FOR THIS WEBINAR →
- “Where to go from here?”
- Perception vs. Reality – Understanding how and why clients, bankers and management react in bull and bear markets
- The real impact of clients not knowing how their investments can perform through each phase of a market cycle
- The best way to evaluate how stable/vulnerable client assets are in any given market environment
- Three simple questions to determine how loyal clients will be when the returns on their statement are negative
- Buying/Selling Behavior
- Specific engagement strategies are provided to have a dialog with prospects/clients about their expectations and risk tolerance/capacity for investing
- The most common client behavioral tendencies are identified along with techniques to frame investment discussions
- Specific strategies are provided for dealing with client behavioral biases that create resistance or obstacles to accepting a banker’s advice
- The Formula for Success
- The number one reason good client relationships go bad
- Guidelines for creating a compelling value proposition for investment advice today
- Three steps to maintaining successful client relationships in any market
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
TMC Group, Inc.
Alfred E. Townsend is the founder and President of Training and Management Consulting Group, Inc. (TMC Group). Over the past twenty years, he has worked with investment firms, banks, and insurance companies around the world to help them to become more competitive in their markets and to improve the quality of their business. His primary focus has been to work with organizations to develop their business strategies and provide training that enhances their sales practices and creates stronger, more profitable relationships with their clients. To this end, Mr. Townsend has consulted with the leadership/management of numerous financial services firms to develop and implement their business strategies and has personally trained over 20,000 financial services professionals to enhance and expand their knowledge and skill sets to successfully execute against those strategies.
Mr. Townsend has had a successful and diverse career in the financial services industry that has allowed him to acquire a valuable and unique perspective on the business. Prior to founding TMC Group, he was a top performing retail investment advisor, an institutional broker, national sales manager for a national brokerage firm, and principal and head of marketing and sales for a national independent broker/dealer with 400 financial advisors. As a result of the knowledge and experience gained during his career, he was able to develop the strategy, methodology, and training that has been used successfully with TMC Group's clients.