Cybersecurity Certificate Program in partnership with Florida International University (FIU)
06/19/2019 - 08/18/2019
60 days - 24hrs/7days
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Stay on the forefront of a rapidly changing Cybersecurity landscape and cultivate the skills needed to detect, prevent and respond to cyber threats
- This course offers a complete understanding of Cybersecurity, the threat landscape, and how these threats effect work environments. The certificate program includes the key concepts of cyber regulations and methods to regulate risk management in all areas and in any financial institution.
- Learn about recent breaches and how to these threats impact work environments
- Understand key concepts of cyber regulations – FFIEC, Executive Presidential Order and the NY State Cybersecurity Law
- Incorporate critical elements to manage threats and to make your incident response program effective
- Discover ways to regulate risk management in all areas
- Participate in practical activities and learn about best practices to apply to any financial organization
Mr. Piñon is currently the senior vice president and director of security for Ocean Bank. He is responsible for all the physical security and investigations of all branches, and corporate headquarters. Prior to joining Ocean Bank in 2008, he spent 20 years at MasterCard Worldwide, and retired as Group Executive in charge of all security & risk management global operations. While working in this capacity Sergio was involved in the writing and passing of credit card fraud related legislation for the State of Florida. In 1989, he received a special award from the Florida Attorney General for his outstanding contribution to the citizens of Florida. He is recognized as one of the foremost experts in the field of credit card fraud, identity theft, cyber-crimes, and terrorism by many members of federal and state law enforcement agencies throughout the world. He is a former Intelligence Officer and Anti-terrorism expert, and a certified bomb technician.
Online Cybersecurity Certificate
The online courses is an interactive option design for participants interested in completing the certificate at their own pace. Participants will have 60 days to complete the reading materials, videos and quizzes.
Who Should Enroll
- Compliance and Risk Officers
- Financial Investment Advisors
- Cybersecurity Professionals
$795 FIBA Members
- Gain a full understanding of cybersecurity and the global threat landscape
- Learn about recent breaches and how these key threats impact the financial industry
- Review and understand risk mitigation and IT management best practices
- Incorporate key elements from new SWIFT security controls framework certification
- Understand the key regulatory expectations for an effective cybersecurity program
- Gain practical experience of current cybersecurity laws and regulations
- Understand current regulatory compliance and the necessary tools and guidelines
- Gain an understanding of emerging trends in cybersecurity regulation
- Review current industry best practices that are useful for enhancing your organization's cybersecurity program
- Incorporate necessary steps in IT examinations and reporting to Boards
- Apply important practices through the presentation of case studies
- Plan effective incident response programs in a real live environment
- Create an effective plan to identify, prevent, resolve and target cyber threats
- Employ the key components of all objectives presented to best apply them in real situations
- Identify and train when best practices are to be used and for which types of situations
Participants will receive a certificate of course completion at the conclusion of the course.