Women continue to be underrepresented on Boards of Directors and other governance bodies. Their contribution undoubtedly helps to increase the richness and efficiency of organizations.
FIBA has partnered with IESE Business School, ranked #1 in the world by Financial Times for Executive Education programs (2017, 2016, 2015), to offer this unique program for women in senior leadership positions.
- Reinforce competencies and knowledge needed to be an effective member of a board
- Understand what is expected from women members of boards and identify your own areas for development
- Network and meet women leaders for various sectors
- $2899 Early Bird available through February 15th, 2017
- $3185 as of February 16th, 2018
- Group discount available (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
Why IESE recommends this program
This program gives participants a conceptual framework and the tools needed to be a contributing member of a board of directors. IESE Business School, through its Women in Leadership Center, promotes various activities and programs aimed at boosting the professional development of women in leadership positions.
IESE has already run more than 10 editions of this program; this will be the 2nd edition in Miami.
Who should attend this program
The Women on Boards of Directors program is aimed at professional women from both the private and the public sectors who are in leadership positions and are either currently on, or aspire to be on, a board of directors.
The Women on Boards of Directors program explores issues around the following key areas:
- Institutional configuration and governance of organizations
- Composition of boards of directors
- Key competencies required to be an effective board member
- A business paradigm for the new socioeconomic context
Participants will engage in varied learning experiences through interactive lectures, workshops, case studies, individual and group exercises, and guest speakers. We will use the case method which presents real business situations that participants need to analyze, discuss in groups, and make decisions to address the key issues presented in each case.
Each participant will also perform an assessment of their leadership competencies.
For more information, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg2or8ctTYI