The women who attended last year's Boards of Directors are invited to return for interactive workshops and to meet and network with our group of new, incoming participants. Their contributions will undoubtedly help to increase the efficiency of this year's program.
FIBA has partnered with IESE Business School, ranked #1 in the world by Financial Times for Executive Education programs (2017, 2016, 2015), to offer this unique program for women in senior leadership positions.
- Reinforce competencies and knowledge needed to be an effective member of a board.
- Understand what is expected from women members of boards and identify your own areas for development.
- Network and meet women leaders for various sectors.
Why IESE recommends this program
This program gives new and returning participants a conceptual framework and the tools needed to be a contributing member of a board of directors. IESE Business School, through its Women in Leadership Center, promotes various activities and programs aimed at boosting the professional development of women in leadership positions.
IESE has already run more than 10 editions of this program; this will be the 3rd edition in Miami.
The Women on Boards of Directors program explores issues around the following key areas:
- Institutional configuration and governance of organizations
- Executive searches
- Key competencies required to be an effective board member
- A business paradigm for the new socioeconomic context
Participants will engage in varied learning experiences through interactive panels, workshops, case studies, individual and group exercises, and guest speakers. We will use the case method which presents real business situations that participants need to analyze, discuss in groups, and make decisions to address the key issues presented in each case.
Each participant will also perform an assessment of their leadership competencies.