Frequently Asked Questions
When does the registration fee need to be paid by?
- The registration fee must be paid by the start date of the course you are registered in.
When will I receive the reading list?
- You will receive a link to the reading list once you are registered for the course.
After I register when will I receive my login information?
- Your login information and instructions will be sent to you on the day your Certification course begins.
How soon after I begin the Certification course do I have to take the exam?
- Students may take the Certification exam once they feel fully prepared to take and pass the certification exam. The Certification exam must be taken within 90 days from the course start date.
How long is the AMLCA exam?
- Exam Duration: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Question Delivery: 100 multiple choice and true/false questions each worth one point.
Can I only access the course from work?
- The course and exam can be accessed at any time or anywhere.
What is the passing grade for the AMLCA Certification Exam?
- Passing Grade for the AMLCA Certification Exam is 75% or higher. After submitting the exam, your grade will be displayed. All students will receive an official communication from FIBA within seven (7) business days regarding your grade, certificate delivery, and continuing education.
What is the passing grade for the CPAML Certification?
- Passing Grade for the CPAML Certification Exam is 80% or higher. After submitting the exam Grades will be posted within 1 week of completing the exam.
- Exam Duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Exam Format: 3 essay questions
- Passing Grade: 80% or higher.
What happens if I cannot complete the exam in time? Can I request an extension?
- You can request at any time during the Certification course. The cost for an extension is $200 for a 30 day extension.
After I pass the Certification exam, when will I receive my certificate?
- Your certificate will be available in the FIBA platform located in your profile in the next 30 days. The certificate will be available in the "Professional Development Folder."
Do I have to complete continuing education after I become certified?
- Yes. After you become certified you will need to complete 20 credits (hours) of continuing education every two (2) years. For more information please go to Recertifications.